When you purchase through links on this site we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us provide free content for you to enjoy.
I asked my mom if she had any leather jackets lying around, knowing she hoards clothes from her youth. She gave me a fabulous leather blazer that she had kept for over 20 years ago. It's soft lamb leather and wasn't costly for the quality. Clothes were really made to last back in the day.
How to Style a Black Leather Blazer
I keep it simple for every day with jeans and a T-shirt. Since leather is heavy in appearance, I tend to go for minimal or lightweight accessories. For going out, I'd pair it with a minidress, strappy heels, and a little clutch.
- Black Leather Blazer. I'm sure there are plenty to be found in thrift stores. If you want new, Reformation has a few styles in different lengths.
- White T-shirt. KOTN carries an ethically-made timeless tee. Also, check out Everlane's organic cotton crew. RE/DONE's Classic Tee is a celeb favorite. Tuck the front into jeans.
- Light-Medium Wash Jeans. I like the slouchy ease of these vintage-inspired 100% cotton jeans from Everlane.
- Nude Ankle Boots. I kept the footwear a light color so it doesn't compete with the heaviness of the black leather blazer. These Form Boots from Dear Frances are made in Italy. Also, check out BY FAR's Sofia Bootie in Nude. They're my favorite style of ankle boots. (I have them in black and wear them almost every day.)
- Wristlet/handbag. This Mini Chiara Convertible Bag in pink from Reformation's new handbag collection is so adorable. It's a 2-in-1 bag that can act as a little shoulder bag or a wristlet for going out.
- Windsor Frame Sunglasses. These lightweight Duncan Sunglasses from Warby Parker goes well with this outfit.
- Thin Chain Necklace. I kept the jewelry light as well with a 14k yellow gold Serpentine Chain Necklace from Mejuri.
- Pink Blush. I've been liking this 2-in-1 blush and highlighter in French Rosé from clean beauty brand RMS Beauty.
- The Creative Act by Rick Rubin. A spiritual tome on being an artist and living a creative life.
Check out my other timeless ethical outfits for inspiration on how to build a capsule wardrobe.