200+ Ethical & Sustainable Canada Fashion Brands | Ultimate List
I generally avoid shopping for clothing online at non-Canadian sites because the duty and customs fees can be ridiculously high. To spare you fellow Canucks the pain of spending more than the poor loonie can stretch, I've compiled a master list of fantastic ethical and sustainable Canada fashion brands and retailers. While these clothes are made in Canada or ethically produced abroad, not every brand uses biodegradable/sustainable fabrics, so please do your own research.
I'm happy to see that many Canadian clothing designers are focused on using natural fibres such as linen and organic cotton—machine washable! I also see a pattern in terms of design: feminine, comfortable, minimalist, reflective of our unfussy elegance.
While most of the Canada clothing brands on this master list make womenswear, I note when brands also make men's and children's clothes too. I also note when brands offer plus sizes beyond XL.
When you purchase through links on this site we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us provide free content for you to enjoy.
Unisex (Men & Women) Canada Clothing Brands
- KOTN — Ethically-made quality basics. B Corporation. Sizes up to XXL.
- Frank and Oak — Canadian-designed minimalist fashion, made locally or ethically abroad. B Corporation.
- The Good Tee — Fair Trade organic cotton T-shirts and basics. Also offers baby and children's clothing.
- tentree — B.C.-based B-corporation that makes comfortable, functional clothes and accessories with sustainable fabrics. Also offers kids' clothing.
- Smash + Tess — Vancouver-designed, North American-made chic and cozy clothing. Sizes up to 4X. Also has kids' clothes.
- The Sleep Shirt — Luxury sleep shirts, pajamas, and clothing made in Canada
- Frere du Nord — Sustainable Luxury Leisurewear made in their own factory in Oshawa.
- Province of Canada — High-quality sweats and basics made in Canada
- Betina Lou — Simple and timeless casual pieces. This Montreal brand also stocks other ethical labels.
- Noize — Montreal vegan, eco-friendly outerwear clothing line with retail stores in Canada and the US.
- ecologyst — Sustainable comfortable basics with sizes up to XXL.
- atelier b — Montreal zero-waste clothing brand for women, men, and children.
- Buttercream Clothing —Comfortable clothing made in Calgary. Size inclusive - XS - 3X.
- Terrera — Wardrobe basics that combine organic fabrics and non-toxic dyes with sizes up to XXL.
- Wuxly — B Corp certified sustainable and cruelty free outerwear made in Canada.
- Norden Project — Outerwear made with recycled plastics. B corp. Based in Montreal.
- Anián — West coast brand that saves natural fibre textiles from landfills to turn into timeless clothing,
- Ana + Zac — Quality pima cotton basics designed in Nova Scotia and ethically made in Peru.
- Wolfe Co. — Comfy essentials and accessories made in Canada.
- Blue Sky Clothing Co. — Fair trade clothing with inclusive sizing from XS - 4X.
- Muttonhead — Unisex clothing that fits XS-XXL. Designed and manufactured in North America. Also stocks personal care.
- Milo & Dexter — Quality clothing for women and men made in Canada with materials that are made and sourced across the nation.
- Movement Global — Reversible bamboo clothing from BC.
- SALT — Canadian made clothing line and retailer of sustainable home goods.
- Nomads Hemp Wear — BC-based hemp clothing brand for women and men.
- Olive + Splash — Bamboo apparel for men, women, kids, and dogs.
Women's Canada Clothing Brands
- Tamga Designs — Colourful sustainable clothes and accessories made ethically abroad. Based in Aurora, Ontario.
- Encircled — Minimalist, multi-functional clothing made in Canada. B Corporation. Sizes up to XXL.
- Simone Rose — Quality basics. Small batch and made to order in Toronto.
- Rightful Owner — Colourful, romantic pieces made in Montreal. Sizes up to 3x and offers custom sizes.
- Eliza Faulkner — Contemporary clothes designed and ethically manufactured in Montreal. Sizes up to XXL.
- Yoga Jeans — Handcrafted jeans in their own factory in Quebec with eco-friendly practices.
- Decade Studio Denim — 100% cotton denim with a focus on fit. Made ethically abroad. Visit their shop in Vancouver.
- Smythe — Canadian ready-to-wear brand known for high-quality blazers. Some pieces have sizes up to 16.
- Priory — Vancouver-based shop for womenswear and accessories, designed for comfort, quality, and functionality.
- Amanda Moss — Minimalist contemporary clothes made in small, ethically managed workshops in Montreal.
- Soft Focus — Chic, comfy loungewear made from natural and plant-based fabrics. Sizes up to 2X.
- Okayok — Toronto-based clothing and accessories brand for casual wear. Also offers kid's clothing. Sizes up to 2X.
- Meg — Locally made women-run independent clothing line with stores in Toronto and New York.
- Birds of North America — Made in Canada clothing with bold and colourful prints. Sizes up to 18.
- Thief & Bandit — Seasonless and capsule clothes made to order in Canada.
- Cherry Velvet Dresses —Canadian-made retro-inspired dresses with sizes up to 3X.
- Ursa Minor — High-quality minimalist clothing with natural fibres, made in Montreal.
- Ovate — Elegant monochrome pieces handmade in Montreal.
- Noémiah — Playful clothes and accessories made in Montreal with sustainable materials.
- Eve Gravel — 15-year-old Montreal brand known for casual feminity. Stocked around the world.
- Miik — Sustainable and comfortable clothing that transitions well from work to weekend. Sizes up to XXL.
- Free Label — Consciously made basics from B.C. Sizes up to 4XL.
- Hannah Isolde — Vintage-inspired small-batch and made-to-order clothes by a Montreal designer. Sizes can be made to measure.
- Dagg & Stacey — Feminine clothing line made in Toronto.
- Allison Wonderland — Chic contemporary fashion made in Vancouver.
- Horses Atelier — Jumpsuits and other apparel made in Toronto.
- Preloved — Comfortable clothes made in Canada with upcycled and deadstock materials. Sizes up to XXL.
- Meemoza — Casual chic clothing made in Montreal using sustainable fabrics.
- Jennifer Glasgow — Minimalist femininity made in Quebec with sustainable fabrics.
- Uniform Handmade — Sustainable slow fashion pieces hand-made by the designer in Fraser Valley, BC with natural fibers such as linen and silk. Sizes up to 3X
- Franc – Modern women's basics ethically made in Canada. B Corp. Sizes up to 3XL.
- Gentle Fawn — Approachable on-trend women's apparel founded in Vancouver.
- Brenda Beddome — Canadian-made womenswear focused on the perfect fit. They use eco-friendly fabrics.
- harly jae — Vintage-inspired slow fashion made ethically with natural fibers in Vancouver.
- Nomi Designs — Minimalist linen clothing to live in, based in Victoria, BC.
- alder — Ecofriendly hiking and outdoor apparel for women with sizes up to 6XL.
- Okakie — First Nations Canadian label with aim to reduce fashion waste.
- Ends in Astrid — Toronto sustainable fashion brand ethically made with high-quality natural fabrics, with option to have your garment customized.
- Modern Sunday — Consciously crafted linen wardrobe essentials to take you from the beach to brunch.
- Bees & Bones — Comfy, breezy and sustainable clothes made to order in Victoria, BC
- Chloë Angus — Collaborative fashion with First Nations Artists and creators, made in Vancouver.
- BEATON — Linen clothing designed and sewn in B.C.
- Andree Jaipur — Canada clothing line of artisan clothing handmade in India.
- Hernest Project — Comfortable sleep and loungewear basics made with eco-friendly fabrics. Offers sizes up to 4XL.
- La Reyna — Bodysuits made in Canada.
- La Leur — Timeless luxury clothing and accessories made in Toronto.
- Alday — Sustainable, pregnancy-friendly essentials ethically produced in Toronto.
- LEZÉ the Label — Vancouver-based brand for comfortable sustainable clothing made ethically abroad.
- Uncle Studios — Toronto brand making timeless foundation pieces.
- FIG — Eco-friendly garments designed in Montreal for the everyday traveler.
- Pure Balanxed — Soft basics with positive affirmation tags. The clothes are designed, cut, sewn, and printed in North America.
- MettaMade — Eco-friendly slow fashion by a mother-daughter team. Size XS-6XL
- Cedar and Vine — Quality linen slow fashion made in Canada.
- Bellantoni — Sustainable clothing handmade in Vancouver, either by the designer, local seamstresses or a local manufacturer.
- Message Factory — Comfy, eco-friendly fashion made in Canada.
- We Are Stories — Made-to-order clothing with natural dyes in Nelson, BC.
- Lights of All — Small-batch clothes made by the designer in Toronto, XS-3XL.
- MeMi Collective — Timeless essentials designed and ethically manufactured in Canada.
- Bare Knitwear — Thoughtful knitwear based in the West Coast, ethically made in Peru.
- Oge Ajibe — Sustainable clothing made in Vancouver bc, sizes XS-6XL
- Gaia & Dubos — Clothes and accessories handcrafted in Quebec with eco-friendly materials. Some pieces up to Size 18.
- Power of My People — Made in Canada clothing brand based in New Westminster, BC with a focus on button-up shirts. Sizes up to 3XL.
- Couture Therapy — Sleek, versatile sustainable clothing made in Vancouver.
- Prairie Sweater Co. — Sustainable clothing for every season of motherhood, sewn by the designer.
- Sarah Sue Design — Minimalist sustainable fashion ethically made in Canada, sizes XS-5X. Shop in person in Winnipeg.
- Ureshii Designs — Made-to-measure clothing for people of all shapes and sizes, sewn by the designers in PEI.
- Anne Mulaire — Eco-conscious slow fashion made in Canada.
- Fyoocher — Structured tops and garments made to order using upcycled and deadstock materials.
- Shelter Clothing — Clothes to live, work and play in, sustainably made in Canada.
- Vestige Story — Small-batch Canadian-made slow designs for storytellers.
- Korinne Vader — Small line of women’s clothing made with natural fibres based in Victoria, BC.
- PureMagnolia — Sustainable bridal dresses hand-made in Canada.
- Zoba Martin — Toronto designer for bridal and special events.
- Sownsmith — Effortless essentials made in Canada.
- Arráei Collective — Timeless pieces made to last with all-natural fabrics.
- Lost in Layers — Inclusive clothing line consciously made in Calgary, Alberta. Up to 4XL.
- Kowala Wear — Easy-to-wear sustainable clothing, sewn in small batches in Toronto.
Men's Canada Clothing Brands
- Bon Vivant — D2C casual clothes for men ethically manufactured in Canada and Portugal.
- GERHARD — Canadian-made men's clothing with a retail store in Toronto.
- Mr. Cavalier — Custom menswear for suits, coats, knits, and more, in Toronto.
- Grey Hearts Denim — Vintage men's clothing with a shop in Kelowna, BC that does alterations and repairs.
- Common Manufacturing — Quality timeless clothing for men made in Winnepeg.
Kids' Clothing Brands
- Nudnik — Zero waste clothes for kids aged 1-7, based in Toronto.
- Fairechild — Sustainable waterproof outerwear for kids based in Nova Scotia.
Sustainable Canadian Retailers
- Victoire Boutique — Online and brick-and-mortar retailer stocking Canadian designers.
- One of a Few — Vancouver-based retailer stocking many small-batch and locally-made clothing, footwear, and accessories.
- Simons — The popular Canadian retailer has a curated section called "Vision" for sustainable fashion for men and women, as well as home goods.
- Obakki — Effortless, modern styles from Vancouver. Also offers accessories, beauty products, homeware, and more.
- New Classics — Online retailer based in Edmonton stocking cool sustainable brands.
- SSENSE — Montreal-based luxury fashion platform. Find Nanushka, Re/Done, Veja, Ganni, and other ethical brands.
- H Project — Luxury retailer Holt Renfrew's curated collection of socially conscious clothing and products.
- Ease — Modern slow fashion; stocks quirky indie designers.
- ad hoc — Clothing boutique based in Penticton, BC that carries clothing, shoes & accessories created by independent designers & artisans.
- INLAND — In partnership with Hudson's Bay, Inland's new online shop curates sustainable pieces from Canadian designers.
- Serenity West — Retail shop run by a mother-daughter duo in Vancouver for sustainable apparel & decor.
- allTRUEist — Quebec retail shop stocking well-made purses, shoes, some clothing, and accessories for women and men.
- Sunja Link Body Shoppe — A body care shop that also stocks ethical clothing and lingerie.
- All Things Being Eco — One-stop shop for all things sustainable, fair trade and zero waste. Retail store in Chilliwack, BC.
Canadian Consignment Stores
- VSP Consignment — Contemporary designer brands on consignment online and in stores in Toronto and Calgary.
- Deuxième Édition — Montreal-based online consignment store for designer clothes and accessories.
- Haute Classics — Designer purses on consignment, based in Toronto.
- My Luxury Closet — Designer apparel, handbags, footwear, jewlery, and accessories.
Sustainable Canadian Shoe Brands
- La Canadienne — Montreal footwear handmade in Canada and Italy.
- Thesus — Sustainable vegan hiking/outdoor footwear.
- Native Shoes — Consciously made lightweight shoes for men, women, and kids. Based in BC.
- Poppy Barley — Ethically made leather shoes.
- Maguire — Shoes and accessories designed in Montreal and made in ethical factories around the world.
- SOULiers Studios — Ethical online retailer of vegan shoes.
- Zvelle — High-quality shoes and bags made in family-owned factories in small runs. Made to last.
Sustainable Canadian Lingerie
- Maylyn & Co. — Luxurious sustainable sleepwear that gives back. Use code ANNIE for 10% off.
- Azura Bay – Online retailer of sustainable underwear and lingerie.
- Mary Young — Comfortable lingerie designed in Toronto and made in Montreal. Sizes up to 2XL.
- Blush Lingerie — Montreal-based lingerie brand.
- Fortnight — Lingerie and swimsuits handcrafted in Toronto.
- Sokoloff Lingerie — Feminine lingerie made in Montreal by women.
- Understance — Vancouver-based lingerie line that places emphasis on good fit.
- Lola & August — Online luxury lingerie handmade in Canada.
- Loretta —Elegant lingerie handmade in Toronto using overstock material from Canadian and Parisian couture houses.
- Sewn — Whimsical and romantic lingerie handmade in Calgary.
- Econica — Organic women’s clothing, lingerie & accessories made to measure.
- Friday Sock Co. — Fun mismatched socks designed in Canada, made ethically in Italy.
Also: The Sleep Shirt
Sustainable Canadian Swimwear
- Bikini Empire – Comfortable swimwear made in Vancouver.
- Beth Richards — Modern Swimwear ethically manufactured in Canada, using some sustainable fabrics.
- Minnow — Swimsuits made to order in Toronto. Sizes up to XXXL.
- Saltwater Collective — Swimwear made from recycled/sustainable fabrics. Made in Toronto. Sizes up to 2XL.
- Nettle's Tale Swimwear — Size-inclusive Canadian-made swimwear and apparel. Some pieces up to 3XL.
- Londre — Swimwear made in Canada with sustainable fabrics. Sizes up to 5XL.
- Unika Custom Swimwear — Made in their Toronto storefront with sustainable fabrics. Sizes up to 4XL or can make custom pieces.
- 437 — Toronto label for luxury swimwear and loungewear. Ethically made in a female-owned factory in China.
- Mimi & August — Eco-friendly swimwear in fun prints for all body types, up to 4XL. Also sells clothing, accessories, home goods, vintage, and more.
- Bather — Men's and kids' swim trunks designed and made in Toronto.
Sustainable Canadian Activewear
- Inner Fire — Yoga wear made from recycled polyester. Sizes up to XXL.
- Karma Athletics — Athletic wear made in Canada.
- Prana Vida — Eco-conscious leggings and comfy basics. Maternity friendly. Sizes up to XXL.
- Love Tree Clothing — Comfortable activewear made by the designer in BC.
- Public Myth — Luxury activewear and basics made in BC.
- Daub — Women's activewear that explores colour and prints. Visit their store in Vancouver.
- Vitae Apparel — Vancouver-based brand for fitness, swimwear, and loungewear. Made in China with sustainable materials.
Sustainable Canadian Bags and Purses
- Wearshop — Sustainably-minded bag and accessory brand from Montreal.
- Opelle — Buttery leather purses made in their Toronto atelier.
- Uppdoo — Leather bags designed and handmade in Toronto.
- Sonya Lee — Vancouver brand of elevated leather accessories.
- Eleven Thirty — Handmade leather bags from Toronto.
- Erin Templeton — Purses with new and recycled leather, made in Vancouver.
- Hoi Bo — Unique bags made to last, handmade in Toronto.
- Lambert — Montreal line of multi-functional vegan backpacks and purses.
- Lowell Mtl — Bags and accessories made in Montreal.
- ai — a Toronto-based family-run brand that works with small-batch production in Seoul to make vegan bags and accessories.
- Annouis — Made-to-order leather purses in Montreal.
- 457 Anew — Bags and apparel made in Montreal from recycled and sustainable materials.
- Samara — Bags made from vegan leather and recycled ocean plastics.
Sustainable Canadian Accessories
- Warby Parker – Direct-to-consumer eyeglasses and sunglasses with a social mission. Has stores in Canada and the US.
- Solios — Sustainable and solar-powered watches. A certified B Corp.
- Bronze Age — Made-to-order accessories and conscious fashion based in Vancouver. Hand made in Canada and Morrocco.
- Krista Norris — Unique shawls made in Canada.
- June — Online retailer of woven bags and simple, beautiful home goods.
- Chapeaux Heirloom Hats — Hats, visors, and headbands handmade in Montreal.
- Tilley — Outdoor hats made in Canada, guaranteed for life.
- Coup de Tête — Bespoke hats made from vegetable-tanned leather.
- Cappelleria Bertacchi — Family-run handmade hat shop in Vancouver with branches in Italy.
- Cambio & Co. — Toronto-based online retailer offering bags, jewelry, and gifts designed and handcrafted in the Philippines.
- Baltic Marché — Online store of eco-friendly and zero-waste home essentials.
- Easy Tiger Goods — Toronto shop for skincare, accessories, artwork, home goods, and more.
- Bookhou — Family-run accessories brand hand made in Toronto.
- Mejuri — Popular minimalist fine jewelry and accessories brand. They have a showroom in Toronto at 906 Dundas St. W. Here's my honest review of Mejuri jewelry.
- Bluboho — Toronto retailer of ethically sourced jewelry, online and brick-and-mortar locations.
- Wolf Circus — Demi-fine jewelry thoughtfully designed and hand-made in Vancouver.
- Kind Karma — Employs at-risk and transitioning homeless youth to handcraft quality jewelry.
- Ecksand — Artisan jewelry using conflict-free stones and recycled gold, made in Montreal.
- Foe & Dear — Fine jewelry made with the environment in mind, based in Vancouver.
- Rauw Jewelry — handmade jewelry with recycled metals
- Chayle Jewelry — Nature-inspired jewelry made with Fair Trade gems and recycled metal.
- Fair. — Asian female-owned fine jewelry brand that is conflict-free and ethical.
- Loveri — Custom Moissanite engagement rings based in Toronto.
- Namaste — Modern minimalist jewelry designed in Canada and ethically made in Canada and in some developing countries.
- Omi Woods — Cultural Gems made with Fair Trade African Gold, Recycled and Re-refined Fine Metals, handmade in Toronto.
- Cinderella Garbage — Handmade high-end jewelry made from vitrified garbage, based in Montreal.
- Hart & Stone — Jewelry for everyday wear, handmade on Salt Spring Island.
Shop with No Extra Duty Fees
- MatchesFashion — London-based global luxury retailer. Find Ace & Jig, Stella McCartney, Castañer, and others.
- Farfetch — Global online luxury retailer. Find Castañer, Manu Atelier, Rachel Comey, Re/Done, 3x1, Lemlem, and other ethical brands here.
- Ebay — Be doubly sustainable by buying secondhand ethical designers here. Search and save the brands you're looking for on the site and app. Duties are often calculated and paid for beforehand. Otherwise, buy from local sellers to avoid duties.
Too many options? Check out my Top 7 Ethical Canada Clothing Brands.
You’re forgot about Planks Canada. They have an independent clothing line that is made of eco friendly and ethically made garments most of which are sewn in house or decorated cantina made bamboo garments. open since 2016 it is now a full department store carrying biodegradable hair ties and dental floss to biodegradable and ethically made clothing for baby kids and adults. They even carry some of the brands on your list.
Textile Apparel in Kelowna is a fabulous retailer for ethical and sustainable fashion, please check them out!
Please check out https://fairechild.com/ for both kids and adults rainwear!
Love! You should check out https://namastejewelryca.ca/
One of my new favorite jewelry brand!
Annie Zhuauthor wrote:
Added, thank you!
Anything for men’s swimwear?
With Thanks Dave
Annie Zhuauthor wrote:
Yes, Bather. Noize also has some.
Thank you for this resource. I don’t see https://lovetreeclothing.ca/ on this list but it should be!
Annie Zhuauthor wrote: