When you purchase through links on this site we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us provide free content for you to enjoy.
This is a reliable fall outfit for me when I get bored of wearing jeans: sweater dress + knee boots + cropped jacket + cute purse. Add stockings if it's cold. The belt is optional. Wear this outfit in the spring too, why not.
How to Style a Sweater Dress for Fall
- Cropped Jacket. Made from regenerated leather, Nanushka's silhouette is a modern take on a classic leather jacket. For more fall jacket and coat options, visit my ethical brand guide.
- Knee Boots. These espresso Dear Frances leather boots hand made in Italy is the epitome of slow fashion. I like how the heels are not too high.
- Bucket Bag. Sézane's leather and wool bucket bag is perfect for fall.
- Belt. I don't know if I would spend this much on a belt, but I have to admit By Far's croc-embossed calfskin belt is really cool.
- Ring. Catbird's pale green sapphire 14k gold ring is so classic and dainty.
- Earrings. This outfit doesn't need more accessorizing but it's always nice to have diamond studs. This 14k gold pair of earrings by Catbird features tourmaline.
- Tinted Lip Balm. Still not much of a makeup girl, I love RMS Beauty's Daily Tinted Lip Balm in "Peacock Lane" to quickly add some color to my face.
- Planner. Call me old school but I just can not use digital calendars and planners. I use paper planners. This Moleskine collaboration with Missoni will make me want to carry my notebook planner around to show off come 2023.
- Pen. I received a version of this Swarovski ballpoint pen as a gift years ago, and it's almost too pretty to use. The ink cartridge is replaceable.
Check out my other timeless ethical outfits for inspiration on how to build a capsule wardrobe.