Whenever I'm in New York, I have to go to SoHo to check out what's new in sustainable fashion. Earlier this fall, I was finally able to visit the city again and had a blast poking around the flagship stores for Nanushka, TheRealReal, Sézane, and others.
A lot of the sustainable fashion stores are within walking distance of each other in and around SoHo. I've compiled this list, along with a handy Google map, for anyone shopping for ethically-made clothing, shoes, and accessories in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
I've visited most of the stores myself either on this or previous trips to New York. Sometimes representatives from ethical brands have reached out to me to let me know about their stores. Please comment below if I'm missing any other ethical fashion stores in NYC.
When you purchase through links on this site we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps us provide free content for you to enjoy.
Sustainable Clothing Stores in NYC
- Nadaam, 392 Bleecker Street & 242 Lafayette Street — Sustainable cashmere clothing for men, women, and kids.
- Sézane, 254 Elizabeth Street — The B Corp certified French fashion brand's US flagship store.
- Nudie Jeans Repair Shop, 188 Bowery — Sustainable denim for women and men. The shop includes a denim repair section.
- Everlane, 28 Prince Street & 104 N 6th St, Brooklyn — Ethically-made basics for women and men with transparent pricing.
- Reformation, — 23 Howard Street & others — Conscious contemporary women's clothing and accessories.
- Cuyana, 29 Prince Street — Timeless and responsibly-made purses, clothing, and accessories.
- Nanushka, 14 Wooster Street — Conscious Budapest-based fashion brand for women and men.
- Stella McCartney, 112 Greene Street — A luxury fashion brand using innovative vegan and eco-friendly materials.
- Only Hearts, 386 Columbus Street & 230 Mott Street — Sustainable intimates, lingerie, and pajamas manufactured in New York.
- The RealReal, 80 Wooster Street & other locations — The online consignment site's curation of their best designer fashion for a luxurious in-store shopping experience. The Wooster Street location also has a men's section and a cafe.
- Another Tomorrow, 620 5th Avenue — B Corp certified sustainable luxury fashion collection.
- VOZ, 178 Prince Street — Ethical fashion brand giving a voice to indigenous women.
- Rachel Comey, 95 Crosby Street & 220 Smith Street, Brooklyn — Womenswear in modern silhouettes and artful prints, made in New York or ethically abroad.
- Ulla Johnson, 15 Bleeker Street — Luxury womenswear brand of colorful, bohemian-inspired clothing made by artisans abroad.
- Mara Hoffman, 187 Lafayette Street — Climate-neutral certified fashion brand prioritizing natural and recycled fabrics.
- Zero + Maria Cornejo, 33 Bleeker Street — Timeless fashion produced in New York using deadstock or eco fabrics.
- Beacon's Closet, various locations — Buy, sell, or trade vintage and contemporary clothing.
Sustainable Accessory Stores in NYC
- Catbird, 108 N. 7th St, Brooklyn & others — Fine jewelry made in their Brooklyn studio.
- What Goes Around Comes Around, 103 Wooster Street & 351 West Broadway — Pre-owned vintage bags from the top luxury brands.
- Illesteva, 49 Prince Street & 20 Hudson Yards — Sunglasses designed in New York and handmade in Italy and France.
- Baggu, 91 Grand Street & 242 Wythe Ave, No. 4, Brooklyn — Sustainable line of colorful bags and practical accessories.
- Fjällräven, 38 Greene Street & others — Sustainable backpacks and accessories for men and women.
- Artists & Fleas, various locations — Marketplace for independent artists and makers.
Sustainable Shoe Stores in NYC
- Allbirds, 73 Spring Street & others — B Corp-certified sustainable sneakers and apparel for men, women, and kids.
- Rothy's, 407 Bleeker Street & others — Washable shoes and bags made with recycled materials.
- Veja, 205 Mulberry Street — Vegan, fair trade, and B Corp-certified sneakers for men, women, and kids.
- Brother Vellies, 71 Franklin Street, Brooklyn — Luxury footwear brand designed in Brooklyn, handcrafted sustainably with artisans spanning Nairobi to New York.
Google Map for Shopping Sustainable Fashion in NYC
Access the NYC Ethical Shopping Google Map on your phone while exploring the city.
Check out my other ethical shopping guides by city.
Please share any other ethical and sustainable shops in NYC in the comments below.