If you find it a challenge to shop for the woman in your life who has everything, I've rounded up some unique and eco-friendly gift ideas to suit different budgets. The items are all from Canadian makers, brands, or stores. Save this post for future holiday and birthday gift ideas.
Images from top to bottom:
- Solios watch with optional custom engraving. Designed and curated with Mother Earth in mind, this Canadian brand is the first watch company to get the B-Corp certification. They give back as well. While the average watch battery lasts two years, Solios watches are solar-powered, saving at least 20 batteries in their lifespan. Right now, you can recycle your old watches through their program and receive a gift certificate for a Solios watch.
- Ginius Barrel and Herb Homemade Gin Kit for the DIYer who likes learning new skills. Prepared in Quebec, this kit contains enough ingredients to make one 750 ml bottle or two 375 ml bottles of gin.
- Indigo's Magnetic Mantras with 300-word magnets to craft personal positive affirmations for self-care rituals.
- Personalized Mother's Day Gift Box from Barrie, Ontario-based Etsy seller Leaf and Root Co. They have different customization options featuring handcrafted items.
- Maison Bélanger Terracotta essential oil diffuser for those looking for a softer aromatherapy experience. Pour four to six drops of essential oil on its dome for more than two hours of delicate scent. Hand-thrown in Montreal.
- BKIND Package-Free Hair Care Trio, which includes a bamboo travel box, a shampoo bar, and a conditioner bar, the perfect kit for zero-waste traveling. Made in Montreal with plant-based ingredients.
- AND Ceramic Studio Tupi Table Lamp. Handmade in Lumsden, Saskatchewan, this lamp doubles as ceramic decor.
- Au Lit Fine Linen Pure Silk Beauty Sleep Set. I recently upgraded my bedding with luxury sets from this family-owned Toronto store. They source directly from their suppliers so their pricing is reasonable for the quality. I own this silk set, which includes a pillowcase, eye mask, and scrunchie, and I use all three items constantly.
- This Ankle Length Sleep Shirt is a bestseller from The Sleep Shirt. Made in Canada with a 55% linen and 45% cotton blend, this versatile piece can be worn as sleepwear, loungewear, day dress, and swimwear coverup.